Monday, August 3, 2009

Wyoming Is Heaven on Earth

Joshua and the kids walking up the mountain at over 9000 feet elevation to touch some snow.

Paradise.

Can you tell just how BIG everything is in this part of the country??

Sage and mountains and big sky everywhere you look.

Some of the rocky mountains had more trees than others.

There are miles and miles of roads that look like this. Stunning.

Rock formation at Big Horn National Forest.

Wyoming took my breath away the entire time we drove through it, from one end of the state to the other. Every mountain pass awakened the cowgirl in me, and I didn't even know I had an inner cowgirl! I could easily imagine riding a horse through this land, with wind blowing in my hair and not a care in the world. Even in our Honda Odyssey, I felt a deep connection to the mountains, rocks, lakes and big sky all around us. It was a magical place. If you want to experience heaven on earth, drive through the Big Horn National Forest. My heart sings just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment